So I haven't written a journal in like nine months. I'm still on this site all the time, but I've just been neglecting this part of it for some reason. Well, that and I haven't been very inclined to renew my premium, so I'm probably going to lose my journal skin. Oh well, to hell with it for right now.
So anyway, the following is a list of fantasy worlds I'm familiar with, and the order in which I would want to/wouldn't mind living in them. I believe it was George R. R. Martin who described most fantasy works as being akin to "Disneyland for the Middle Ages," so I just started thinking about it recently. In order of 1 - being most want to live in/akin to freakin' Disneyland, and last being a miserable hellscape (I'd probably kill myself if I were I trapped there). I'm also going to try to leave out stuff that is arguably 'technically' fantasy (like Pokémon), but not what most people would think of when it comes to fantasy (like knights and magic and stuff). Note that this isn't about what fantasy works I like best, but just how easy it seems like their worlds would be to live in.
1. Azeroth (WarCraft Universe)
2. Hyrule (TLoZ Universe)
3. Middle Earth (LotR/Hobbit Universe)
4. Tamriel (The Elder Scrolls Universe)
5. Spira (Final Fantasy X Universe)
6. Gaia (Final Fantasy VII Universe)
7. Thedas (Dragon Age Universe)
8. Wraeclast (Path of Exile Universe)
9. Sanctuary (Diablo Universe)
10. Westeros (Game of Thrones/ASoIaF Universe)
11. Lordran/Drangleic (Dark Souls Universe)
It's not a totally exhaustive list, and I get the feeling I'm forgetting something(s) major. If anyone's out there though, I command you to discuss! ...and/or post your own list.